New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

grinding in brakes when turning right...2003 trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old September 12th, 2016, 6:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grinding in brakes when turning right...2003 trailblazer

Hello everyone new member here looking to pick someone's brain for more knowledge than I have. I've replaced ball joints tie rods wheel bearing hub and brakes and rotors. When I make a right handed turn there is a grinding noise coming from front passenger tire sharper the turn louder the grind. I previously replaced the front rotors and brakes but just on the passenger side started to get 3 grooves in the rotor and the pad had 3 lines that were raised. I hadn't replaced the wheel bearing hub when I first replaced the rotors and pads so I took them back am got new ones thinking it was the hub and just needed new rotor and pads again but it still does it also putting a lot of brake dust on the rims. I don't know what to do but don't want to keep spending money guessing. If anyone has any ideas or has dealt with this before and knows what it is I would really appreciate it.
Old September 13th, 2016, 6:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

if the noise is a tinny scraping sound; inspect the backing plate for contact with the rotor.
Old September 13th, 2016, 8:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No its not that it start out as a light grind but the more you turn right the harder the grind you its pretty loud and it destroyed a new rotor and pad in less then a month