New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hello

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2021, 2:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hello

It's the first time that my old 89 Chevy S10 4.3 6cyl 4x4 or I have been to this, or any, automotive forum... but I kinda doubt it will be the last. It is just getting to expensive for me to have shops or friends of friends work on my truck... if and when I can even find someone willing. Due to the trucks age and appearance (paint is peeling) shops generally want to send me elsewhere or want to park it in the back to work on when they find time. Then, more than likely, because I'm an older woman. they really gouge me.
One place charged me $200 for a tune-up and oil change, another $200 to put some tape on a couple of wires, and a third had me getting a new catalytic converter when all I needed was the oxygen sensor.
I haven't done much better with friends, or friends of friends, or strangers off of Craig's List.
So, here I am. I've always been a diy kind of person, just not when it comes to vehicles... Well, until now.
You're going to have to bare with me since as a newbie I'll probably be asking a lot of dumb questions...
But, before I frustrate anyone, I'm going to go crack open the manual and educate myself some.
Thank you for being here... just in case.
Old January 17th, 2021, 1:10 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to visit the S-10 section of the Forum.
Old January 17th, 2021, 1:57 PM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

Welcome from Florida. You can always check Youtube because they have videos on almost everything. This will show you how difficult or easy a repair is.
Old January 18th, 2021, 10:55 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Helloand welcome to the Chevrolet Forum!
Old January 19th, 2021, 6:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the forums op
Old January 20th, 2021, 2:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi and welcome to the group! Nice to have you join us. You'll find some interesting info on this forum. If you haven't found what you're looking for, feel free to post a question. If you have knowledge that someone else is looking for, feel free to share!