New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hello

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2012, 10:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello

Hello everyone. my name is David and i am a Chef in Louisiana. Recently purchased a very solid 84 Chevy Silverado SWB. Needs some TLC, but very excited to have a project car to work on and am looking forward to making contacts to help along the way here.
I will deffinetly be posting some starting point pics as soon as my account will allow.

Thanks in advance for all the help

David
Old July 5th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Site Ambassador

Welcome to the Forums Dave. I look forward to seeing that ride. I had a Red '87 SWB Stepside that I loved.... sadly it got totaled. Glad to have you here with us man.
Old July 5th, 2012, 7:31 AM
CF Beginner

Welcome! We need a Chef on here to feed us something other than BS. Just kidding, this is a great site with great members. Looking forward to your posts.
Old July 5th, 2012, 10:18 AM
CF Beginner

Sadly i think the engine is shot. Leaking oil like a sieve. Got a new gasket for the oil pan today, but not sure if it is that or the main seal is crap. Hopefully i get away with just the gasket for now and give me some time to save for a nice little create motor. Just very excited to get into this project. Been wanting to build a truck like this since i was about 18.
Old July 5th, 2012, 4:12 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by ChefDave
Sadly i think the engine is shot. Leaking oil like a sieve. Got a new gasket for the oil pan today, but not sure if it is that or the main seal is crap. Hopefully i get away with just the gasket for now and give me some time to save for a nice little create motor. Just very excited to get into this project. Been wanting to build a truck like this since i was about 18.
If it's the pan gasket, replace both main seals with it.
Old July 6th, 2012, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

Bought a felpro silicone gasket that had built in main seals. Pleased to say it worked like a charm. Very glad that i now have the time to save up for the engine i want. will get some pictures up as soon as my membership goes full.