New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hello from Alaska

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2007, 6:22 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Alaska

Just to say Hi, I drive a 2002 Silverado 3500HD, 8.1 dually, sure its a gas guzzler but i love it. Not much else to say cept its coming to winter and I may be here on the boards a lot.
Old October 28th, 2007, 11:12 AM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hello from Alaska

Welcome to ChevroletForum.com!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 28th, 2007, 8:43 PM
CF Active Member

welcome
Old October 29th, 2007, 9:29 AM
CF Senior Member

Welcome to the Chevrolet Forum!!!

Old October 29th, 2007, 10:21 PM
CF Beginner

We had one of those dually s where i work, it was cool to drive around in. Pretty snappy for how big it was!
Old October 30th, 2007, 5:13 AM
CF Beginner

I get a lot of oohs and aws on it, most wouldn't have one because they are afraid of the duals, me I drive a concrete mixer for a living so it feels like a sports car after the day is done. My only minor complaint is that it is expensive to operate but you pay for your toys is my belief.

Its set up the way I like it with all headlights and fogs converted to 4300K and 5000K HID, a pair of Hella driving lamps with 3000K yellow buls so I used them and the 5000K fogs only in blowing snow and I can see much better, all tires are snow grooved studs, I keep about 750lbs concrete block weights. in the bed for extra traction, I have an oil pan heater on the big Allison tranny for when it gets really cold, synthetic oils and lubes, all my running lights are now the latest chip LED not the cheap ones either plus I have three pieces of an LED red adverting sign thats been converted to a 2" high strip sitting under my tailgate and they are running, brake and sequential LED, they are way brighter than the "Line of Fire" strips.Its a clean mod except that I had to buy a new tailgate, trim a little off the botthem of it, painted and clearcoted it light mettalic pewter. Because my truck is also used as a service truck it has concealed Tomar amber strobes of 4 in the front and 4 in the rear(the other two were some small compact fog lights under the rear bumper now with strobes) and I have done cosmetic work as well like new graphics like the 2007 Silverado emblem on the tailgate and new emblems up front showing the 496 and 3500HD, I also did little tweaks like installing Escalade outside mirrors with the auto-dim and LED T/S and an Escalde instrument panel, new Pioneer sound system, speakers and a few more bells and whistles, plus it looks show truck good.