New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hello to All

Search this Thread

Old June 30th, 2008, 1:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello to All

Greetings from the center of Missouri! Pete here. Latched onto a heap of (whatever) that I'll be spending time, miles, and much gas-moneylearning about! For now, it's called an 2008 Avalanche, LTZ 4WD, loaded with 'toys'. Don't have a name for it yet. That'll happen as we get farther down the road and become friends; still in the first couple months right now. Just 'sorta/kinda' semi-retired from mostly being in an Army uniform, etc. Needed to 'get away' for a while and wanted to do something to get to know my grandchildren better. We did a wild and crazy thing to check out this vehicle. We took a little spin around the Great Lakes, all of the Grate Lakes! Have to tell you, there was a "love / hate relationshp" created pretty quick. I learned to love the rear DVD and the cordless headphones! After several days of hour upom hour of driving, I knew that if those headphones quit or malfunctioned ... I was gonna hate being in that vehicle and having to listen to what the gandchildren was listening to. Using the navigation system, I had started to identify places ahead that if the headphones failed, I could drive to and volunteer to become a human sacrifice. We had only two ordeals to work on. I was constantly telling them to turn down the volume on the headphones so they didn't harm their ears and I made certain to have extra batteries on hand! The XM on the front speakers didn't bother them at all. I kept fruit & snacks to keep them eating and quiet. They had blankets to stay warm while I kept 'comfy' with the A/C. The trip went quite well. Think I may have a 'keeper'! To GM, Chevrolet .. and if any of the workers who assemble the Avalanche read this, I say THANK YOU!
Old June 30th, 2008, 3:22 PM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Hello to All

Welcome to the Chevroletforum! Glad to have you on board!
Old July 6th, 2008, 2:15 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hello to All

Welcome!!!