New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hello from the Bay Area, California.

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2012, 8:31 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from the Bay Area, California.

Hello everyone. I am new to the world of American motoring. I grew up around American cars and trucks, but I always personally owned and built Nissan 240s, because that is what was popular and cheap when I really started using tools. I have since developed a new sense of appreciation for American cars and trucks, not to mention the simplicity of the older SBCs.

I just recently completed the tear down of my Grandfathers SBC 327, from his '60-something, GMC Custom Pickup. The truck was given to my uncles son as a gift from my grandfather and it was treated like ****, given a **** paint job and left to rust and die with a blown head gasket and a bad starter that blew up the housing. My Grandfather would probably roll in his grave if he knew what happened to his beloved truck. Thankfully, my Uncle took the truck back and is restoring it as we speak. I endured the ridiculously huge spiders and 20+ years of build up on and in the truck to pull the original motor. I hope to make Grandfather proud by rebuilding it into a beast.

Not too focused on what I am going to put it in, but I do have a few ideas. I hope to learn a lot here on Chevrolet Forum.

Happy motoring!
-Shoebox5
Old October 7th, 2012, 8:43 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Welcome to the forum :-)
Old October 8th, 2012, 8:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi welcome to the forum