New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hello I’m Carolina

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2019, 12:48 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello I’m Carolina

Hello everyone,
Glad to be a part of the forum. My name is Carolina. It’s my first time here. I have a 51 Chevy 3100. Her name is Rosebud.
I got her from my recent divorce.
And I’m looking for help to get her running again, and sell. Because my dream car would be a 72 Monte Carlo. I am a newbie when it comes to working on vehicles. But I am an open book that’s completely willing to learn.
I’ve already learned a lot just from YouTube with fixing minor things on my 08’ Impala.
Thank You for having me.
Old August 26th, 2019, 1:04 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambriz78
Hello everyone,
Glad to be a part of the forum. My name is Carolina. It’s my first time here. I have a 51 Chevy 3100. Her name is Rosebud.
I got her from my recent divorce.
And I’m looking for help to get her running again, and sell. Because my dream car would be a 72 Monte Carlo. I am a newbie when it comes to working on vehicles. But I am an open book that’s completely willing to learn.
I’ve already learned a lot just from YouTube with fixing minor things on my 08’ Impala.
Thank You for having me.

I hope you understand that most of us, including myself were not even born in 1951. That said, it's not a spaceship so I imagine we can help you with your 51' 3100 Chevy .
Old August 26th, 2019, 5:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe I’m in the wrong spot.

Well if I’m in the wrong forum I can look elsewhere.
Im sorry.
I didn’t expect anyone to be from the 50’s just to maybe have a truck like mine or the knowledge of what may be wrong.
Old August 26th, 2019, 7:34 AM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

Welcome and you are in the right place. We can help. Tell us about your truck. Is it the original engine? What seems to be the problem?
The following users liked this post:
Cambriz78 (August 26th, 2019)
Old September 1st, 2019, 7:37 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambriz78
Well if I’m in the wrong forum I can look elsewhere.
Im sorry.
I didn’t expect anyone to be from the 50’s just to maybe have a truck like mine or the knowledge of what may be wrong.
Hi Carolina!

No you are in the new members area which is cool but we have sub-forums for advice like general tech or past Chevy vehicles. Heck pickups from that era are simple with stove-bolt motors, points ignition, carburetors, no ECM's, smog pumps and all the other stuff more modern pickups have. Not many automatics transmissions, and no A/C.

Heck, my father had an old 1948 flat-head Studebaker Champion car. Thing was built like a tank. Sure wish he never sold it. Had a three-on the-tree with a hill-holder clutch.