New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

hey everybody

Search this Thread

Old September 11th, 2009, 3:04 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hey everybody

so if some of you haven't seen here is my beast.

http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ent=trufko.jpg

its kind of a family heirloom given to me by my grandfather.

when he bought it he was working in southwest Washington as a logger, its a 3/4 ton with a 1 ton suspension. he was towing equipment in excess of 18,000 pounds in and out of canyons.

my grandpa had the truck custom made and up to prime for 1986, i want to take my time and money to make it up to prime for today's standard.

get it all finished up and drive back up to Washington and take him for a ride in his truck up in the mountains where he used it all the time back in his day.

right now in order of greatest to least concern the upgrades i want/need to do are:

i have two bad gaskets, one oil pan and the other is the rear differential.

new exhaust

turbo/inter cooler/cold air intake

custom fab a flat bed with removable siding that can be used for ramps (note the quad in the back of the truck in the picture)

bed liner the entire cab inside and out and more then likely the flat bed too.

and who knows what from there.

i do professional audio for car and home so there will definitely be a lot of that along the way.

anyways, that's my introduction, my name is Dave i`m in sonoma county California i frequent all over nor cal and this looks like a great forum and i`m glad i can be a part of it.
Old September 11th, 2009, 3:23 PM
CF Senior Member

dave that is a great idea you have for that truck,keep us updated with before and after pics ......please

we will have to hook up some time in the near future sinse were like neighbors.......red

dave is that truck a diesel? if so i have some turbo parts for ya...no intercooler though
Old September 11th, 2009, 3:34 PM
CF Beginner

man i am down for meeting up anytime i have 3 day weekends saturday sunday and monday are always my days off and if something special is going on i work for family, so i`m there getting extra days off are no big deal.

i`m really excited about getting started on my truck i`ve been driving and audi a6 3.0 quattro for like ever so to get into the truck world now is a new adventure a new challenge i got so much to learn!

yay for newb status! hahaha

nope its not a diesel, 454 gas EATER!!! lol
Old September 11th, 2009, 3:37 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by myotherchevyisablazer

dave is that truck a diesel? if so i have some turbo parts for ya...no intercooler though

thank you very much for the thought tho!
Old September 11th, 2009, 3:40 PM
CF Senior Member

yeah i guess i should read more,i remember you telling us it was 454....the reason i said was because you wanted to run a turbo setup so i assumed...oops....yes your quatro was probably a fast machine wasn't it?

you will be much happier when you start rolling that big chevy.....i looked for a long time to find one in my price range....yours is so straight im jealous......

red
Old September 11th, 2009, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

ya the Audi definitely got up and moved, and the gas mileage difference is about 20 mpg which.... hurts.... hurts bad.... but o well haha i love my truck and work is walking distance so i`m good.

we should meet up soon and you can check it out for yourself i would love to see yours too.
Old September 11th, 2009, 10:39 PM
CF Veteran

Thanks Dave for posting the pics of a real working truck. They so often get taken for granted. Enjoy the forum too.