New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Hi, here is Mike from Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old August 26th, 2013, 2:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, here is Mike from Abu Dhabi

Hi all,

I'm Mike I am Dutch and I live in Abu Dhabi, UAE since 8 years. I have an '09 Tahoe LTZ since new and it has now 110.000km (that's 68.500mile for most of you )
We also have an '07 Hummer H3, which is my wife's, and has about the same mileage.
When I bought the Tahoe, we needed a bigger car (4 kids) and I already had a Chevy Lumina (Aussie car, Holden...)which i was really happy with and at the same time we had the H3 from which I was really happy too, so I ended up again with GM and bought the Tahoe.

I ended up at this forum after googling for errors and issues with the Tahoe, guess what I have all of them apart from getting me a new engine at the moment. After 4 years now I am really not happy with that vehicle, almost none of the nice features work (some never worked) and the car drives like a ....(have no public words for it).
Can't get much help from the local dealer/garage here, they are a straight rip off. i.e. at 25k the car was in for maintenance and they called me up that the brake pads and rotors were all worn and require replacement, I told them if that was true they could keep the freekin' car. I'm an aeronautical engineer and know my own cars and it's mechanics very well, they can rip off a filty rich oil sheik if they want but not me hehehe.

Hence I will dig through the forum and will proberly find solutions for all my problems.

Here's the list so far:

-replaced 6 batteries (okay it's hot in this place which is no good for a car battery but 6 in less than 2.1 years???) This all ended when they replaced the alternator (finally and out of warranty of course...)
-none of the door locks work (no theft here so the car stays unlocked now...)
-cracks in the dash
-battery anode cable was badly crimped and got burned (engine stopped and all power lost while driving - several times until the fault was finally found)
-now the car is going through the curve like a soft pack of butter.
-loss of power pick up at acceleration (where are all those horses???)

Hmmm, proberly a bit too much of an intro, and it sounds like a rant now but it feels good that it's of my chest

Last edited by MikeV4; August 26th, 2013 at 4:00 PM.
Old August 26th, 2013, 6:28 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for joining, MikeV4! Glad to have you as a part of our community
Old August 27th, 2013, 1:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome abroad, i am sure u would enjoy the stay here, make it memorable one for us