New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

I have post my problem in two different forums.

Search this Thread

Old October 7th, 2019, 1:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have posted my problem in two different forums.

Can’t get any response at all.

Originally Posted by Joe blough
2013 Chevy Silverado extended cab 4 x 4 5.3 L motor no modifications completely stock.

When going along at a steady speed it is smooth. But, when I accelerate it has a shudder.

The tachometer needle bounces up maybe 100 RPM and when it does that the shudder happens.

On my dash I have the display set to where I can see when it changes from V8 to V4 mode. That doesn’t seem to be a factor. Does it in V8 mode just the same no matter what.

When it vibrates it feels like it’s coming up from the floor. I checked the U joints and they are tight no play at all.

The vibration coinciding with the tachometer needle jump is what is confusing to me. Don’t know if it might be the fuel pump or something else?

It almost sounds like it is coming from behind the cab on the bottom of the truck possibly the fuel tank Area.

On my code reader/scanner on the emissions side it has FUE CAT EVA 025 HTR EGR

Just checked the scanner/code reader again and it only has a red highlighted light for EVA at this moment.

I have two Chevrolet ABS codes in the history they are C0455 ( Front steering position sensor circuit) and C0710 ( steering wheel angle signal)

I ended up getting a couple codes now. They are P0172 and P0175.

I have tried tapping the break while it was doing the vibration as suggested by a mechanic and that doesn’t stop it so from what I understand that may possibly eliminate the torque converter problem?

Last edited by Joe blough; October 7th, 2019 at 3:03 PM.
Old October 10th, 2019, 2:32 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ended up using 4 ounces of Dr. Tranny shudder fix and it worked