New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

intermittent vibration driving up hill sometimes

Search this Thread

Old November 18th, 2018, 5:44 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intermittent vibration driving up hill sometimes

Hello everyone ,
I just bought my first Suburban.
2002 1500 2wd, LS, I'm a cook so im not mechanical inclined like everyone here. I need help please. so I'll try my best to explain. when driving it's smooth with no issues, no leaks, so when i drive up hill i some times get a vibration sound and it feels like its coming from everywhere one mechanic said, it's the rear differential but wouldn't that be a consistent vibration ? the other said it was my u-joints, but wouldn't that be consistent ? the last 2 mechanics said it's misfiring and that sound I feel /hear is a missfire . So I had the mechanic do a tune up a.c. Delco, plugs, wires, and coils, but it still does that vibration going up hill no if I hit the gas going up hill it goes away it just a cruising speeds it doesn't matter if I'm going 15 or 85 as long as it's a consistent speed with no acceleration it comes and goes please help
thanks
Moe
193xxx
Old November 18th, 2018, 7:32 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by m ismail
Hello everyone ,
I just bought my first Suburban.
2002 1500 2wd, LS, I'm a cook so im not mechanical inclined like everyone here. I need help please. so I'll try my best to explain. when driving it's smooth with no issues, no leaks, so when i drive up hill i some times get a vibration sound and it feels like its coming from everywhere one mechanic said, it's the rear differential but wouldn't that be a consistent vibration ? the other said it was my u-joints, but wouldn't that be consistent ? the last 2 mechanics said it's misfiring and that sound I feel /hear is a missfire . So I had the mechanic do a tune up a.c. Delco, plugs, wires, and coils, but it still does that vibration going up hill no if I hit the gas going up hill it goes away it just a cruising speeds it doesn't matter if I'm going 15 or 85 as long as it's a consistent speed with no acceleration it comes and goes please help
thanks
Moe
193xxx
Your driveline might need balancing. A rear differential problem would also almost always create some noise or a whine.

A misfiring condition is easy to hear and feel, so I dont know what's up with that, but perhaps a dishonest mechanic/tech.