New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Long time Suburban Owner/Fan

Search this Thread

Old February 22nd, 2016, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long time Suburban Owner/Fan

My first Suburban was a 1990 2500 2WD, 454. Loved it and never had any major issues with it. It was awful on gas, but it would pull a mountain if you asked it to.

Second one is a 2001 1500 2WD, 5.7. It's been great. Other than normal wear items like tires and shocks, I've only had to repair/replace A/C (twice), fuel pump, front hubs (twice) and rear axle, but that was my fault for not checking differential fluid level. It was my daily commuter and pulled our 30 ft. travel trailer all over Texas. I just handed it down to my son who is just starting to drive.

Recently purchased a 2013 1500 2WD 5.3. It's an LTZ with ALL the bells and whistles, including the integrated trailering brake. Ii has big shoes to fill. I hope that it will be as dependable as the 5.7. I have yet to see how well it does at towing. It certainly does not have the power that the 2001 does, but it sure is a comfortable traveling vehicle.
Old February 22nd, 2016, 4:02 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you on board.