New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

This looks like fun...

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2010, 8:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This looks like fun...

Hi,
Just wanted to introduce myself, been driving chevys for 33 years. I still have the first one that I drove in high school, it's a 1964 Malibu SS Conv. ( 11:1-355, super T-10, 12 bolt 3:73). My son drives a lowered 93 Silverado short bed that is in getting ready for a motor and paint. The wife drives an 07 Equinox.

I look forward to cruzing this forum.
Joe
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:11 PM
CF Veteran

Welcome Joe. I'm old enough to appreciate your Malibu and think that it was the pinnacle of clean design. A good friend had one with a 327 and dual quads and still remember him lighting 'em up at the local drive-in. Good memories. Thanks for joining.
Old February 15th, 2012, 5:53 AM
CF Beginner

I'm, New Here, but have a Story I want to share about a Love for the 1964 Malibu SS. In 1971, at age 17 I bought my first 1964 Malibu SS as my first car I bought myself. It was Midnight Blue with Silver Blue Interior, Auto on the floor, bucket seats and a 283 engine. It was a a beauty. I had to borrow to buy it. Within about 90 days a gal pulled out in front of me in a brand new MG Convertible that her daddy bought her for graduating High School. The insurance company said it was totalled and I had to make the decision to let it go thinking I'd find another one. Oh I looked and looked, but never found one. Ten years went by with me still looking and I found a yellow one that was a complete rust bucket. I bought it and drove it a week but it was just to far gone. It would be another 30 years before I found one on the help of the new interenet in Toucson Arizona and bought it from a guy known best as Chevy Bob. He helped me ship it back here in Central Illinois. I drove it once to town and back before I started in on the restoration because well, the interior was all dried out, paint half gone, but it wasn't rusted bad and just needed a lot of tlc being a very solid car without damage. I got a professional to restore the interior orgiinal to the silver blue. Went online and bought up about $8,000.00 in parts, alot of them NOS. I got the engine a purring and painted with all new parts. I finished off the inside of the trunk like original. and even got the interior metal painted the midnight blue, got a new Original Steering Wheel and covered it as I saved up the cash for the final painting. Then my life crashed. I found out my wife of 22 years had betrayed me financially out of my home. I still had the title open to the 1964 Malibu SS and she got it too., including all my clothes, my family heirlooms, photos everything I owned or had in the bank. I came away after 22 years of marriage without anything to my name and still, now after nearly 10 years later, couldn't afford another 1964 Malibu SS even if I found one. So I guess my love for a Midnight Blue 1964 Malibu SS with Silver Blue Intrerior and Automatic on the floor will just have to remain just that... a dream that can't ever be achieved. At least I had my couple of wonderful drives in my own. I tried to find Chevy Bob's phone number in Touscon Arizona again to try to help me, but even he kinda got lost to history. But I pray for a Lottery Winning and hope one day my dream can come true.
Old February 15th, 2012, 3:25 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welcome!

Originally Posted by twrogers
I'm, New Here, but have a Story I want to share about a Love for the 1964 Malibu SS. In 1971, at age 17 I bought my first 1964 Malibu SS as my first car I bought myself. It was Midnight Blue with Silver Blue Interior, Auto on the floor, bucket seats and a 283 engine. It was a a beauty. I had to borrow to buy it. Within about 90 days a gal pulled out in front of me in a brand new MG Convertible that her daddy bought her for graduating High School. The insurance company said it was totalled and I had to make the decision to let it go thinking I'd find another one. Oh I looked and looked, but never found one. Ten years went by with me still looking and I found a yellow one that was a complete rust bucket. I bought it and drove it a week but it was just to far gone. It would be another 30 years before I found one on the help of the new interenet in Toucson Arizona and bought it from a guy known best as Chevy Bob. He helped me ship it back here in Central Illinois. I drove it once to town and back before I started in on the restoration because well, the interior was all dried out, paint half gone, but it wasn't rusted bad and just needed a lot of tlc being a very solid car without damage. I got a professional to restore the interior orgiinal to the silver blue. Went online and bought up about $8,000.00 in parts, alot of them NOS. I got the engine a purring and painted with all new parts. I finished off the inside of the trunk like original. and even got the interior metal painted the midnight blue, got a new Original Steering Wheel and covered it as I saved up the cash for the final painting. Then my life crashed. I found out my wife of 22 years had betrayed me financially out of my home. I still had the title open to the 1964 Malibu SS and she got it too., including all my clothes, my family heirlooms, photos everything I owned or had in the bank. I came away after 22 years of marriage without anything to my name and still, now after nearly 10 years later, couldn't afford another 1964 Malibu SS even if I found one. So I guess my love for a Midnight Blue 1964 Malibu SS with Silver Blue Intrerior and Automatic on the floor will just have to remain just that... a dream that can't ever be achieved. At least I had my couple of wonderful drives in my own. I tried to find Chevy Bob's phone number in Touscon Arizona again to try to help me, but even he kinda got lost to history. But I pray for a Lottery Winning and hope one day my dream can come true.
Welcome to the Forum, twrogers!!

That is a nice story! I am sorry life has hit you so hard. At least you were able to enjoy what you had, when you had it. Maybe some day you will finally find that Midnight Blue '64 Malibu!