New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

lowering kit for a 2001+ SUBURBAN 2500

Search this Thread

Old January 5th, 2015, 9:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering kit for a 2001+ SUBURBAN 2500

I inherited a beautiful 2001 8.1 liter 2wd 2500 Suburban from my father-in-law. He always wanted to lower it and told me it wasnt possible. I never took this to heart until it was mine and wanted to created what he dreamed of, a hotrod suburban....... I have inquired with just about everyone i can think of, custom car garages, all the performance suspension companies i could think of. Yet no one sells nor can point me in the direction of someone that could assist in lowering this burb. I havent even gotten a answer on why..... i realize some may think the autoride is a issue, its not. They have lowering kits for silverados of the same era and i realize there are differences in the suspension.... i just cant comprehend in this day in age why no one can assist or give me direction in lowering a rear leaf and front torsion bar suspension.... any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Old January 6th, 2015, 8:43 PM
Administrator

Received 170 Likes on 168 Posts

Quite possible that no one makes one due to the small quantity of 2500s out there.

That being said, I know that there are lowering keys for the torsion bars and there are several ways to lower leaf springs. One is different shackles and another is to re-arch the springs. If the axle is on the bottom of the leafs, you could maybe put it on the top side of the springs.

Bing is your friend.