New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Maybe a new Chevy owner - need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2020, 11:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Maybe a new Chevy owner - need suggestions

I am brand new here and don't know if this is the correct place to put this. I bought a travel trailer and am looking to be a stronger truck. I have an F150 with a 5.0 engine and it handle the trailer OK. But I think I want to go to the diesel route and heard Chevy has a good diesel setup with a Duramax engine and Alison trany. I am looking to buy use as I can't afford new. I am need help looking for the best year of truck to buy as I heard there were issues over the years (just like all brands). I heard there is a year they put an exhaust filter on and to stay away from that year (what ever year that was). What is the best year, setup to buy? I want a pickup truck, probably 3/4 ton. What are your suggestions?
Old October 27th, 2020, 1:17 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by cwager1001
I am brand new here and don't know if this is the correct place to put this. I bought a travel trailer and am looking to be a stronger truck. I have an F150 with a 5.0 engine and it handle the trailer OK. But I think I want to go to the diesel route and heard Chevy has a good diesel setup with a Duramax engine and Alison trany. I am looking to buy use as I can't afford new. I am need help looking for the best year of truck to buy as I heard there were issues over the years (just like all brands). I heard there is a year they put an exhaust filter on and to stay away from that year (what ever year that was). What is the best year, setup to buy? I want a pickup truck, probably 3/4 ton. What are your suggestions?
2007-2009 was the mandadory introduction of DEF's. Some can regenerante, other cannnot. If you grew up in the 1960's when
transcontiental buses like Grayhound shot the smokng black or blue 'exhuast at ground level, unlike the truckers stacks, you punched it the floor to get around that pollution/.
that awul crap.

Last edited by oilcanhenry; October 27th, 2020 at 1:21 AM.