New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

My 99 suburban won't start now

Search this Thread

Old June 1st, 2017, 1:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 99 suburban won't start now

I just bought a 99 chevy from private party. OBD11 reads codes p0101, p0141, and p0300. I haven't gotten it diagnosed by a mechanic yet, but I drove about 60 miles home after purchasing vehicle and it was fine. The gas gauge was at half tank when I left with the truck and as I pulled off the street the gauge went crazy and went to empty. I made it home and that same night drove again, maybe 20 miles and I think I ran out of gas (never ran out of gas before in any vehicle) cause the car died as I was driving. I put one gallon in that night and I doubt that was enough and after trying to start it so many times the car battery is starting to die. I'm not very well educated on cars yet. Though trying to learn. I need help on what this problem may be. Do I just need more gas after I charge battery all night? Or could it possibly have someone do with the engine misfiring? I'm believing it's gas cause I just don't know how I drove 60 sometjing miles home and it was fine but happened later that night. Any opinions or suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Old June 1st, 2017, 4:17 AM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Probably the fuel pump. You will need to have the pressure checked with a gauge.