New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New dude introducing myself (monte carlo)

Search this Thread

Old July 6th, 2011, 12:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New dude introducing myself (monte carlo)

New to american cars but fairly advance in car modding via import, dont flame

I bought a monte Carlo today with a 80's front, this is what i know about it, it has a suburban 5.7l V8 that was rebuilt, and a 700r Trans, and aftermarket cam and headers/exhaust no cats, original rear. (dont know size but they are mild sounding). Do not know the hp it feels like 250-275.

PROS: Runs hella smooth, sounds mean, all important things work very good

CONS: speedometer does not work, it needs a cable ran to it, paint looks good on camera but not in person, not bad though.

It had about 90,000+ mile before the rebuild. New to this american car stuff kind of...i had a cutlass a while back with a v6 (got stolen when i went to boot camp) but i never own a V8, im a nissan guy, i have a 240sx that im going to sell because im done with imports and the location im at it will cost me more money to do what i want to that car. I did a 5 speed swap to the 240sx and a bunch of other stuff just to get it on the road, but thats done and over, plus im 6'3 and 230+ i need a bigger ride.

no pictures, sorry its night time now.

It was running today, but now it is not wanting to start. It has a system in it and the radio has to be manually turned off and i think i forgot to do that but that was only for maybe 5-10 minutes and i didnt have music playing , when i charged it sounds like it is about to turn but cuts off like the battery lost power, i believe its a electrical issue and its confusing me. any suggestions?

and i just remembered this just now lol im a idiot, i charged it wrong, i put the negative clamp on the negative terminal instead on a metal contact, this may affect the charging..but still it died on me...dont judge me i never had a car not start on me.

Im getting new terminal connectors and taking the battery to autozone for charge check tommorrow.

Ps i have no clue about carburators, i grew up in a mechanic family but im the black sheep and went import, uncles were mad, im 1,000's of miles away from my fam, my uncles wouldve help me out if i was close but they dont even know i have it lol. Can yall help?

Im 25, yes im a black guy and no i dont put big *** rims on my cars, those belong on trucks, i dont race i cruise, i dont speed, i just like modding cars.

I looked and is there a site where i can get parts for monte carlos as fars as interior and dash, refurbished stuff etc.

once i get it running again or tommorrow, ill post pictures of it.
Old July 6th, 2011, 12:55 AM
CF Beginner

now its making the, clicking noses, after i tugged on the negative wire on the battery terminal
Old July 6th, 2011, 3:56 PM
CF Beginner

its running, nevermind...lol new battery and terminal clamps!