New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

new dude from oregon

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2012, 1:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new dude from oregon

Just got myself 1994 siverado crewcab dually and thought of forum to help me out with minor problems. Its 7.4l v8 4x4 dually. Loving drive this everyday!

Name:  photobucket-4657-1328163054449.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  60.0 KB
Name:  photobucket-4708-1328163056206.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  52.7 KB
Name:  photobucket-4656-1328163055314.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  61.5 KB
Name:  photobucket-4510-1328163057129.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  55.3 KB
Old February 7th, 2012, 2:06 PM
CF Beginner

Nice truck! Hope it doesnt give you too many problems
Old February 7th, 2012, 8:27 PM
CF Active Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welcome!

Welcome to the Forum!!

That looks like a nice truck! Hopefully, it will serve you well. A friend of mine used to have a '95 Extended Cab, and that thing was a tank!

Last edited by ChevyFreak; February 7th, 2012 at 8:39 PM.
Old February 7th, 2012, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by adamaoc
Nice truck! Hope it doesnt give you too many problems
thanks, nothing bad. more like need to reconnect the mirror wires and fix the right side rear door's lock since it broekn and also the window wont roll down the full way as its should be. and need replace new battery.
dunno if its need alignment fix or the steering column? its really loose when i steering on straight road.
just installed new k&n filter today thou.
there NONE engine/transmissioin issues, very pleasant about that! but the "low 4x4" seem having problem but the high 4x4 work fine, i m not sure since i m deaf, i couldnt hear if it grinding or not. i had my dad, who are car mechanic and clean detail cars. told that suggested not to use low 4x4. so idk what really the problem.
also i noticed the motor seem its been rebuilt, i m not sure. i got this truck from dealership, traded in my explorer for this sweet truck. they said the previous owner of this truck, he used to be mechanic, used this truck as his daily driver and hauling the go-kart place to place. and has family. that what i know of about this truck's history... is there any advice should i find out about this engine? i really want know if its rebuilt or not. i m still rookies. i learned auto mechanic in high school for 2 yrs. and want to learn much more but its hard for me to understand in some way. gotta need a pic to show where the problems, blah blah. so yep.

Originally Posted by ChevyFreak
Welcome to the Forum!!

That looks like a nice truck! Hopefully, it will serve you well. A friend of mine used to have a '95 Extended Cab, and that thing was a tank!
its very nice truck! 155000 mileage for this age are really good shape, interior look very nice too. its MUCH better than i used drive 2001 explorer!

Last edited by fenimachine; February 7th, 2012 at 9:37 PM.
Old February 8th, 2012, 8:56 AM
CF Beginner

awesome! looks good!
Old February 8th, 2012, 8:58 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by fenimachine
thanks, nothing bad. more like need to reconnect the mirror wires and fix the right side rear door's lock since it broekn and also the window wont roll down the full way as its should be. and need replace new battery.
dunno if its need alignment fix or the steering column? its really loose when i steering on straight road.
just installed new k&n filter today thou.
there NONE engine/transmissioin issues, very pleasant about that! but the "low 4x4" seem having problem but the high 4x4 work fine, i m not sure since i m deaf, i couldnt hear if it grinding or not. i had my dad, who are car mechanic and clean detail cars. told that suggested not to use low 4x4. so idk what really the problem.
also i noticed the motor seem its been rebuilt, i m not sure. i got this truck from dealership, traded in my explorer for this sweet truck. they said the previous owner of this truck, he used to be mechanic, used this truck as his daily driver and hauling the go-kart place to place. and has family. that what i know of about this truck's history... is there any advice should i find out about this engine? i really want know if its rebuilt or not. i m still rookies. i learned auto mechanic in high school for 2 yrs. and want to learn much more but its hard for me to understand in some way. gotta need a pic to show where the problems, blah blah. so yep.

its very nice truck! 155000 mileage for this age are really good shape, interior look very nice too. its MUCH better than i used drive 2001 explorer!

That's good man! Cangrats again!