New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New Member / Car guy

Search this Thread

Old February 10th, 2020, 1:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member / Car guy

Hi, I'm new here.

My wife and I just acquired a brand new Silverado LD Z71, and thought I'd introduce ourselves. This is the new truck, having driven it out to the barn yesterday, to drop off five Subaru tires.
Then a photo of our older ones. We sold the 88 S10 Tahoe 4x4 last year, but kept the 96 S10. It's the rare 7.5 foot long bed with about 40k original miles, the original GM bed liner, etc, and it looks/runs like new. It has the 4.3 litre Vortec V6 ($990 option on the sticker -yes, I still have the original sticker) and the LS trim package, so it's very comfortable. I got it 2 years ago with 18k miles on it. To this day, it still has the original tires. All I've replaced is a squeaky belt, a tensioner, and a sensor

I tend to collect old vehicles. We also have a 43 year old Chrysler that's 1" longer than the Silverado,

The S10 is the first time I've seen old tires without a single crack. The original owner stored them in his garage for years. I was going to get new tires for the S10 last summer, until I looked out the window and noticed that my wife's brand new Forester had a flat tire. Since those 23 year old tires were doing fine and the Subaru tire lasted 1 month, I kept the old tires. I transported the brand new Subaru tire with the old S10.

None of the old vehicles ever saw snow, hence the reason for the Silverado. As you can see below, it's beginning to impress me. This was over a foot of snow, all off road, although this photo was taken in the driveway (the same spot as the S10 photo).
No issues in Auto 4x4.

I just dropped of 5 tires in the barn. The truck handled over 1 foot of snow fine, with stock everything.

88 S10 Tahoe 4x4 & 96 S10 long bed.

Old February 14th, 2020, 2:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Welcome to the club and congratulations on your new addition to the family! May it provide unlimited fun and unhampered travel across all terrains for as long as you two are together. Safe driving and happy modding!
Old February 14th, 2020, 7:21 AM
CF Monarch

Received 352 Likes on 333 Posts

Welcome from sunny Miami. The 2 older ones look to vbe in great shape. Keep up the great work.