New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

new member exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old July 10th, 2016, 11:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member exhaust question

I've looked and can only find people changing complete systems or its a newer tahoe. I have a 97 tahoe 4 door 4x4 with the vortex 5.7. It has stock exhaust. Daul in single out muffler. What I'm wanting to know is what muffler can i go with that's Daul in single out that has a nice rumbling sound at idle and a deep throaty noticable sound driving. Just wanting to replace the muffler and and the pipe back was thinking turndown right before the axle. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old July 11th, 2016, 6:15 AM
CF Monarch

Received 352 Likes on 333 Posts

Magna Flow or Flow Master
Old July 11th, 2016, 9:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I know of all the different brands. But what I'm not really good at it which ones have a nice noticable tone at idle and a deep throaty tone in the throttle. 95% of my vehicles I've just straight piped. Or they already sounded good. I've been looking at mufflers and most of what I found are single in dual out but they say reversable does that mean I can run it as a dual in single out? Or I've found the dual in dual out? Would that be a better option. Basically just looking for a dual in muffler with the tones mentioned above not sure if I should go dual out or single bc I'm replacing the pipe from the muffler back and most likely dumping before the axle with turndowns.