New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New member from New Jersey

Search this Thread

Old March 20th, 2011, 10:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from New Jersey

Hi everyone. I'm from the New Jersey, from the unfortunately famous area of the Jersey Shore. And yes, I would love to punch Snooki in the face.

Anyway, I've always been a MOPAR guy. I plan on buying a new Ram 1500, but I needed a truck until then. So, I've just recently purchased my first Chevrolet, I've never been a big fan of the 'plasticy' dashboards of Chevys... but the price was right and it looked like a nice clean truck.

I bought a 1999 Silverado 1500 LS Extended Cab, Z71, 5.3L, black with two-tone gold lower, gray cloth interior, tow package, 117k miles. The only problem the truck has is the fuel sending unit, which I understand is a common problem... the fuel guage bounces all over and is only accurate sometimes.

Additions as I purchased it included a soft tonneau cover, chrome step bars, aftermarket L.E.D. taillights, bedliner, and ventshades.

I added a K&N air filter, and Uniden P68 Elite CB radio.

I don't plan to add much more, as it's already a 12 year old truck. Maybe improve the audio system- better speakers, and Sirius satellite radio. I also thought about swapping out electric fans for the stock fan to save some HP.

If anyone has any tips or tricks, mod suggestions, or anything else, I'd like to hear from you. Thanks!

-Mike