New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

new member from ?Tennessee

Search this Thread

Old November 9th, 2022, 1:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member from ?Tennessee

I'm Chuck. I joined the forum get an idea of how to restomod a first generation C10 that I haven't found yet. Currently contemplating a '70 short bed. Seller says it needs a master cylinder. Not having owned a 70 C10, What type of master cylinder did it come with? Vacuum asist/no vacuum assist? The oldest vehicles I have owned were a 52 Chevy, I believe it was a 1500, and my first car was a 63 Corvair convertible. The Corvair got junked because of a blown engine in 1969, a few days before I joined the Air Force.. I had that in high school in the mid '60's. Never had it on the road,
Second question: How difficult is it to learn to weld body panels? Thamks for letting this old bugger learn something new...

Old November 9th, 2022, 2:41 PM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

Welcome from Florida. The truck had drum brakes and the booster was optional so it might have it or might not. You have to practice and practice some more to learn how to weld body panels. Looks at somw videos on Youtube to learn the basics.
Old November 9th, 2022, 3:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you oldchevy. I have a mig welder but am thinking I'll need a tig...I'm looking into adult ed welding classes.

Source
Old November 9th, 2022, 3:37 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Chucketn
Thank you oldchevy. I have a mig welder but am thinking I'll need a tig...I'm looking into adult ed welding classes.

Source
What Oldchevy said was spot on.

Back in 1970, you could still get the three on the tree transmission, not that I'd want one. Four or five stick on the floor is my favorite.

BTW, welcome to Chevrolet Forum.
Old November 10th, 2022, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 169 Posts

Welcome to the forum. As you get more into your project and have more questions, suggest you post them over in the pickup section of the forum that correlates to your particular year.