New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New member from VA

Search this Thread

Old March 9th, 2016, 4:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from VA

As the title states, I'm from Virginia- the Shenandoah Valley. I will open up and admit that I had grown up in a Ford family, and still like them. I've grown out of the one-brand loyalty, and acknowledged that the best truck on the road is the one that isn't in the shop. That can be any brand.
About a year and a half ago, my cousin struck up a trade- new floors in his house (I supply the labor, he supplied the materials), and he would give me his 75 GMC C15. It had been bought new by his father, and when he passed away, my cousin had spent some money on paint, recovering the seat, a new clutch, tires and rims, etc. He then parked the truck, and only put a couple hundred miles on it over the next 12 years. He kept it under a carport, on concrete, so it didn't suffer much. It has 58,000 miles on it now, is a 4 speed 4WD with a NP203, 350 4bbl and it is very clean and rust-free. I plan on keeping it that way. It also has a snow plow, but I do very little plowing with it- I do not want to put it on Winter roads. I use it at our house, and our church, which is less than half a mile away.
That was the first GM product. Since then, my father and I purchased a 99 Sierra 3500 dump truck- 5 speed, 350, 4WD, 57,000 PA miles on it. It is generally in good shape, but it does suffer some from being used in PA to push snow. I have a brake issue/question, which I will post elsewhere.
My third truck is an 04 F350, 4WD, 6 speed, V-10, 4.30 geared truck- but I won't bore you with that. I am here to research a brake issue on the dump truck, learn more about GM products, and enjoy the fellowship.
Hodge

Name:  e217b5c6-fd3b-4bd1-9102-c3cf2ce93de5_zpsaamyuyjt.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  98.3 KB

Last edited by hodge; March 9th, 2016 at 4:41 PM.
Old March 10th, 2016, 7:00 AM
CF Beginner

Wow- 134 views, and not a single welcome? I belong to a lot of forums, and have never experienced that. I posted a brake question, and that has 116 views with no responses. I guess I need to seek out a more lively forum- not even a moderator will respond?
Old March 10th, 2016, 7:53 AM
CF Active Member

No hard feelings bro, I haven't opened the forum in days Welcome and may I say - nice truck!
Old March 11th, 2016, 3:10 AM
CF Active Member

Hey that's a pretty good truck with extremely low mileage! Nice find