New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New Suburban Owner

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2018, 7:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Suburban Owner

Hello Everyone.

Bought a Chevy Suburban a month ago. Have wanted one for about 20 years now. Finally made it happen. I went with a 1991 Chevy Suburban Silverado 2500. Has a Big Block 454 in it. Wasn't really looking for anything that old, but the former owner did a ton of work restoring it. It is in much better condition that most of the used Suburbans I looked at.

I've always been a car guy and know my way around an engine, but looking for some help in this forum. Sometimes I tend to overthink things or make a small problem huge. I also have a bad habit of thinking "oh I should just do ____" then I start that seemingly small project and end up screwing something up really bad and then am in way over my head. <sigh> For example the other day I thought I would just quickly swap out the Door Striker Bolt. So I took the old one off and heard the sound of metal falling down into the side of the car. Oh crap! Turns out the bolt backing is not attached and will just fall down into the side of the car. You have to take the interior apart to get to it. (Long story short I have fixed that problem...)

So hopefully I will be able to get some good intel from this forum and if I can help anyone else I will certainly try my best. I will try to post some pictures of the car soon.