New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New from TX

Search this Thread

Old January 9th, 2013, 2:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from TX

I'm currently shopping trucks and will likely pull the trigger on a 2005 1500 5.3L 2WD I saw today. I've been looking to pick up a 5th wheel camper, but I wasn't able to find an extended bed Chevy in my range.

Might try to put a 5th wheel hookup in the 6.6 bed, might not, I've heard mixed reactions.

In any case... glad to be at the forum, and hopefully I can close on this '05.

-Dan
Old January 9th, 2013, 3:16 PM
CF Active Member

Dan, welcome to the forum, Iam as well a fairly new member. I must tell you, it's nothing like the GM MOTHER FORUM!!!!!!!!!! a lot of reader's on there and hardly any response. As a long time camper and presently own a 38 ft. motorhome,I must give you some good advise about towing, a 5th wheel is much safer towing with a Dually since they are so top heavy and a lot of sway with a 1/2 ton pickup or even a 3/4 ton model. Just some heads up coming from someone who has been there done that. Again, welcome aboard.
david g.

Last edited by justimagination; January 9th, 2013 at 3:18 PM.
Old January 9th, 2013, 6:42 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site Dan.b, thanks for joining us!
Old January 10th, 2013, 2:15 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by justimagination
Dan, welcome to the forum, Iam as well a fairly new member. I must tell you, it's nothing like the GM MOTHER FORUM!!!!!!!!!! a lot of reader's on there and hardly any response. As a long time camper and presently own a 38 ft. motorhome,I must give you some good advise about towing, a 5th wheel is much safer towing with a Dually since they are so top heavy and a lot of sway with a 1/2 ton pickup or even a 3/4 ton model. Just some heads up coming from someone who has been there done that. Again, welcome aboard.
david g.
Yeah. I'm not gonna touch 38ft. I'm looking at < 25ft. Probably a 21-22ft Tahoe glide lite 5th wheel. Coupled with a slider hitch, I'm hoping I'll be in good shape.

If all goes well, I might try to buy my brothers boat. All pretty small stuff respectively.

-Dan