New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

New W. Michigan member checking in...

Search this Thread

Old October 31st, 2013, 11:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New W. Michigan member checking in...

Today I picked up a silver 2014 LT Z71...
The last new new truck I had was back in 2000! What a difference!
(Over the years I drove 2 Dodges, 2 Tahoes, Chrysler 300, Jeep Liberty Diesel, and a few VW Diesels)

I test drove an F-150 Eco-Boost before pulling the trigger on the Chevy. I do not want to go to a Ford forum to tell them their trucks are 5 years behind, as they know that already.
I looked at the 2014 Dodge, however there was not much financial incentive to go that route, and the the Ford was retro, the say the least.

Not sure what 2015 will bring for Ford, but as of today there are no 2014 F-150 available in W. Michigan.

So here is my recap as to why I spent money on a Chevy...

In any case, Chevy won my business as:
- the interior design is ages ahead of the Ford and Dodge (I counted 4+ shades of gray color on the XLT f-150, and I just could not live with that)
- Ford's instrument cluster is "busy" compared to the rest of the pack (my wife has a Ford Edge, and I can live with that cluster)
- I like simple yet functional dash and console (Dodge was very close on this one, as I was used to it)
- Ride quality (I tow my boat here and there, but for the most part I use my truck for activities other than pulling trailers and heavy loads). F-150 had the worse ride quality and I'd say Chevy and Dodge are about the same. Again, Dodge does not have rear leaf springs, therefore I was impressed with Chevy's road handling
- my 2011 4.7 Dodge could not get over 18 mpg and I was averaging close to 21-22 with the Chevy today (same road, same speed)! I don't event want to mention the power this 5.3 has in comparison to the Dodge. F-150 had a lot of torque and response, however it gets 17-18 at the most in a 4x4 configuration.
- This Chevy is quiet! I have an app on my phone for interior noise measurement and it is the fact
- Touch screen + the dash cluster is by far the most attractive setup on the market. Ford has 28+ buttons on the dash in addition to 20+ on the steering wheel! Dodge has the least amount of buttons, however that is also a 4 year old dash, more or less.

I still have to get use to the "bulky" looks of this truck as my 2011 Dodge did not feel as wide. These two are 0.4 inches apart, but the wide hood on the Chevy makes it look a lot wider...

So far, so good. My ole Dodge gave me 55,000 trouble free miles (oil, filters, fuel and $160 in repairs); time will tell if this Chevy will be as good.

Last edited by euromade; October 31st, 2013 at 11:08 PM.
Old November 1st, 2013, 1:04 AM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site euromade, thanks for joining us!