New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Newb to the forum and chevy's!

Search this Thread

Old June 18th, 2013, 3:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb to the forum and chevy's!

Hi Everyone,

Newb here to the forum. As well as a newb to the domestic scene. Recently picked up a "spark" (i know, but i don't drive it. its just in the family). GF is looking to buy a Volt just for economic purposes.

Also recently got a 52 Chevy Truck, which is really sweet. I had planned to get it up and running and possibly use it as the weekend warrior and maybe take it to the beach to carry the surf boards......So I'm Joining the forum to learn about it more. Maybe pick up some restoration tips. I was really excited to pick this truck up. It has some issues starting and the carb looks like it needs help and needs some help here and there but it has character!

But got really discouraged the other day when I went over to a local restoration shop and was talking to the owner there. He looked like he didn't even want to talk to me. I just wanted to ask a few questions about rebuilds, carb work, and just advice (I know its pretty broad subject).....

He was atleast nice enough to answer my questions, sort of with some attitude. I told him I didn't have any experience in domestic vehicles nor carbs. He pretty much told me this....."you look like more of an import guy, you should just get rid of your truck and stick with imports...." (maybe cause I wasn't white? a racial thing?) I mean my pops drove a 68 camaro, my uncle a 64 bel air.

Kinda left a bad taste in my mouth after that. So I kind of lost motivation in the truck but I'd still would like to have it running.

BUT I'm looking forward to picking up some crucial knowledge.

-Steve
Old June 18th, 2013, 5:34 PM
Senior Site Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to hear from you Tofu! Welcome