New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Newbie in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old December 21st, 2008, 9:37 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Newbie in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

I just joined the site so I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Matt & as the subject states I live in Reynoldsburg, Ohio. My dad currently owns a 2004 Chevy Impala & I own a 2000 Toyota Corolla. While I know the corolla is not a Chevy I plan on trading it in next year on a Chevy Malibu. My dad has owned GM's almost his whole life, with his first car being a 1964 Chevy II. My parents owned a 1985 Chevy Celebrity from 1992 until about 2006, which is when the car finally bit the bucket with almost 300k miles on the odometer. Theyreplaced the Celebrity with a Ford Taurus, but it proved to be problematic until he traded it in for the Impala this past July. My daddrove an 84 Cavalier wagon for years until the engine died on it, then drove my ford tempo. With the Taurus showing signs of death for the last couple years and not even 200k on the clock he decided to go back to Chevy. While he wanted an 06 or 07 Impala they were more than he could afford, so he got the 04 Impala. It's got the typical electrical gremlins with the fuel gauge, which I hope to fix soon.

Well, that's all & I am glad to have joined this site. Look forward to any info & knowledge I can gain from this site.
Old December 21st, 2008, 11:01 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

Welcome Matt. Sounds like Dad drives the wheels off his vehicles. Good idea gettin rid of the rice-burner (although they are very dependable). Northeast winters seem to shorten the lifes of cars too. This is a great forum and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 5:35 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, you are correct, my dad does drive the wheels off his cars. I got the corolla 4 years ago thinking it would be a good car. Well, the engine blew up in it last year, typical of my year... Now I can't justify putting any more money into the car since she will be 9 years old come January.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 11:55 AM
CF Monarch

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the forum! My sentiments are much the same as Gwampa's. Those cars get well used!
Old December 22nd, 2008, 1:25 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome!!!