New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

no oil added after oil change

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2021, 8:33 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no oil added after oil change

I have a brand new 2021 suburban high country. I brought it in 2 weeks ago to the day for its first oil change and realized yesterday that they never added oil back into the car. I have driven 1000 miles in that time. The dealership is picking up the car now. I made a video of my husband checking the oil and you can't see any oil and adding 2 qts and now you can see oil. Im pretty sure I have heard a knocking sound in the engine. what are the dealerships repercussions for this horrible mistake? What are my options! its a brand new car that i feel has been destroyed!
Old May 28th, 2021, 9:22 AM
CF Monarch

Received 352 Likes on 333 Posts

After driving 1000 miles they will probably try and blame you somehow. Didn't the check engine light come on or the oil pressure gauge register 0?
Old May 28th, 2021, 9:35 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oldchevy
After driving 1000 miles they will probably try and blame you somehow. Didn't the check engine light come on or the oil pressure gauge register 0?
low oil light came on 1 other time and went off. Then yesterday it came on. I took a picture and called the dealership. They said the computer probably wasn’t reset and to bring it in. I told them I could bring it in tomorrow (now today). Came home and we checked oil but also took a video and you had to squint to see any oil on the dip stick. The dealership came and picked it up just now.