New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

No start relearn

Search this Thread

Old July 29th, 2018, 10:43 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry No start relearn

2003 Impala, 3400
In order for the car to start I have to go through the relearning processs.
Here are the things I've done to try and correct this problem:
Replaced battery(security light came on when the car didn't start) This fixed the problem for a few days.
Then I replaced the ignition resister by splicing the black and white wires and then relearned the security system. (This worked for a day or two and learn went back to having to relearn for the car to start.)
Next, we replaced the ignition electrical switch and again went through the relearning process. The next morning, it wouldn't start so, you guessed it, we relearned again.
My next approach was to replace the BCM. That was done, the unit was flashed, scanned and relearn process. the car started probably 6 times without incident. The next morning it was a no go and back to relearn!
When scanned it showed no codes but listed no communication (no code for no communication problem)
So, my question is. Where are the security codes held in the computer system, and what keeps them from losing memory?
I appreciate any advice, at my wits end with this one!