New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Should all 4 wheels rotate at the same time

Search this Thread

Old June 13th, 2016, 6:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should all 4 wheels rotate at the same time

I own a 2004 Chevy S-10 4x4. Last week I lifted the truck off the ground on all four wheels. When I engaged/activated the 4x4 only 3 tires would engaged or rotate. Two tires in the back and one tire on the front. I was under the impression that 4x4 means that all for tires are to be rotating at the same time. However, when I called 4 different dealers at their service departments I got mixed answers. Some service advisors were telling me that all four tires had to rotate whereas other service advisors were telling me that this Chevy S-10 has what they call a "limited slip" meaning that only 3 tires will rotate and the 4th tire will rotate as needed. So who is right? I do not want to spend 1700 dollars to buy a new differential at the dealership to find out later that only 3 wheels will turn on this truck. If there is anyone who knows the answer to this enigma please help.
Old June 18th, 2016, 6:04 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum. You need to post your question in the S-10 section.