New Member Welcome Area New to CF? Stop in and introduce yourself.
This section is not for help threads.
Please introduce yourself here, but go to your model vehicle section to post questions and get answers to them. Thanks! :)

Tracker...........

Search this Thread

Old February 13th, 2015, 1:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tracker...........

............sounds like my 18 month young son sayin' "tractor."

Anyway......new here, obviously, and I just bought one.

A tracker, not a tractor. Although I wouldn't mind a tractor. 1950 Ford or something.

It's a 2000, 2.0L Suzuki 4WD. I paid 400 benny's for it off'n my neighbor. 147,000 miles. Top trashed (back half) and a NOW a smashed tail gate. (That's a whole nother story that completely pisses me off.) Filthy inside and out. I left a picture of a shop vac on his porch. He'll probably ask me what kind of gas it takes......We still love you, Ray. Rest of the body is good.

It was low on all fluids, dude drove it around a half to three quarters of a quart low, air filter had the consistency of an adobe brick........weighed about the same too. Tires SHOT. If I drove around at night I could've charged for the show. Down to the wires. Replaced the radiator. Sprung a leak 4 days after I bought her. (Now you know why I never play the lottery.)I have a story with me and radiators.......we absolutely hate each other. For the record.......they've managed to kick my ***. Without even trying.

Fixed all that. Not much of a fix but I'm pretty proud of my self, none-the-less. Not very mechanically inclined but I got tools. Yes, a whole set.

To the good part....I can't believe, scratch that, I am amazed at how good this ol' girl runs. Wow. Color me impressed.

I had to, very quickly, modify the back to get me thru the winter. McGyver would be proud. It gets me thru inclement weather without road mist soaking my entire backside AND I can hear the radio. Heat is a nice thing as well.

That's my story. I've lurked for a while and have found that there are some pretty smart dudes on this board. Thanks in advance for that.

SP.
Old February 16th, 2015, 5:18 PM
Administrator

Received 163 Likes on 161 Posts

Welcome to the forum.