News, Concepts, SEMA Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Chevrolet. (This is not a tech section.)

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible [w/video]

Search this Thread

Old December 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Forum Editor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible [w/video]

Filed under: Convertible, Performance, Chevrolet, GM, First Drives

About 20 seconds, and 30 miles per hour. These are, if not the most heart-thumping statistics you need to know before continuing to read the rest of this review, the most pertinent to get out of the way. What are they? The amount of time it takes, according to our stopwatches, for the power-operated fabric roof to hide itself entirely inside the bodywork of the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible, and the maximum speed at which that action can be performed.

Because, of course, when piloting a brand-new Chevy Corvette Convertible for the very first time, there is absolutely no reason the top should be up. It's cold outside? Fine, blast some heat. It's raining? No problem; once you're moving at speed, the showering blast from above will be obliterated by the car's own jetstream. Snowing? For heaven's sake, either put on some appropriately wide winter tires or park the 'Vette in the garage and take the Cruze, you big baby.

And so it was that I layered on a second hoodie, slipped on my sunglasses and plopped myself inside the new-for-2014 Corvette Convertible. First thing's first; the top must go down. Just 20 seconds later, I was ready to continue, the sound of 6.2 liters of American V8 muscle filling the open-topped cabin, a sinewy stretch of roadway near Palm Springs, California, spread out ahead.Continue reading 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible [w/video]

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Mon, 23 Dec 2013 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...