News, Concepts, SEMA Have you heard? Have you seen? No? Come on in, read and discuss the latest from Chevrolet. (This is not a tech section.)

new camaro

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2006, 5:07 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new camaro

has anybody seen the new camaro concept? dont get me wrong im chevy all the way but it looks like they are just playing a game of catch dodge and ford latley. first the pt cruser now with the mustang anybody else thinging that or is it just me?
Old April 27th, 2006, 1:45 PM
Administrator

Default RE: new camaro

i think that the camaro has been in the works..this didnt just pop up...i have seen it in both red and silver...and i think that it could use some rouding..its too angular for me...and the interior is gross
Old April 28th, 2006, 10:40 AM
CF Senior Member

ya i think that once or if dodge comes out with the calenger concept if it stays true to the show car will leave chevy behind again.
Old June 3rd, 2006, 1:27 PM
CF Beginner

i don' know about you guys, but i think that camaro is nice, it's keeps the old camaro spirit in it, but it's got a modern feel with it... of course the guys down at chevy are looking at dodge and ford, thats how the auto business works, you gotta keep up with your competitors

if i ever get the chance to get that camaro, i'll take it up
Old July 21st, 2006, 5:16 AM
CF Junior Member

I am a chevy man but the Camaro doesn't seem to be as good as it should be. The performance stats I seen in motor trend were good but they were also computer simulated so I hope they are close.
Old July 21st, 2006, 6:44 PM
CF Beginner

Hate to say it, but, not a big fan of the new Camaro. I don't think it followed the look of the older ones enough.
Old August 16th, 2006, 4:07 PM
CF Active Member

I'm with Nomad....I think the Challenger will be the one to go for if it's anything like the concept. Maybe a hemi????
Old August 17th, 2006, 1:37 AM
CF Senior Member

if they built the new chalenger without a hemi as the first (only?)option i think we would have to put a hit on the man in charge.
Old September 6th, 2006, 2:28 PM
CF Active Member

I've been reading alot of posts in other forums too and the general consensus is that the Concept Design is not being well received by the People most likely to buy a Camaro. The design is too extreme and the grill is too Cadillac like. I love the Retro designs of the Mustang and Challenger but the Camaro is too far out there. It'll fizzle if it's made in the same design as the concept. I know alot of people say that They like the design, but I think They're just craving a new Camaro offering from Chevrolet no matter how They look. If the new Camaro is to be a successful seller, the overall design need to be softened up quite a bit. The Retro "69 design needs to look more like a '69 than something out of a science fiction movie. I know it's 2006 but I also know that it must sell in good numbers or it will be dropped like a rock. Design a product for the masses and the masses will buy it.
Old October 6th, 2006, 4:10 PM
CF Beginner

The design is one of those that either love or hate. Thats not what GM needs right now. they need something that will sell no matter what. If you want a good look at possible options, pick up the latest issue of hotrod mag. they have a real good potential run down of package options and engine choices.

Quick Reply: new camaro