OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396/375HP L-78

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2013, 2:15 PM
Platinum Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396/375HP L-78

It was September 26, 1968 Mr. Paul Winfield walked into REEDMAN CHEVROLET, in Langhorne PA and deceided what a better way to celebrate his retirement, and sat down with his salesman, who was also his son in law. A family began the process of building what we have before us here today. Mr. Winfield wanted his Camaro to match his Corvette, so they began the process for approval of a special paint code Monza Red to be applied on his 1969 Camaro, approval was received. Mr. Winfield being a weekend racer wanted to have some comfort and style, but he also knew performance would always be on the forefront.

He deceided over and above the base car the driveline had to be the L-78 396, with 375 Horse Power. He mated the power with a Muncie four speed, he did stick to his word and gave the Camaro some driveability with the 12 Bolt rear end with 3:73 gearing. The car was enjoyed on the streets, and was also endured on local racetracks. Mr. Winfield added to the Camaro a pair of Lakewood Traction Bars, Stewart Warner gauges that were refurbished, and a set of Torque Thrust wheels that were mated for the track. The car was sold in the 1986 where it laid to rest and remained.

I began the restoration in 2003 and the car has been completed in 2012. I appear to be the third owner of this beautiful car, and I have not registered it to keep it as a two owner car. Listed below are the options that were ordered on the car.

Special Paint

Tinted Windsheild

Head Restraints

Floor Mats

Air Spoiler

Positractionaxle 373

375-Hp Turbo Jet 396 V8

4 spd close ratio transmission

sport styled steering wheel

Special ducted hood

Camaro SS Equipment

Custom Interior

Black Vinyl/Houndstooth Trim

This 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Sport Coupe maintains its Original L-78 396, 375 Factory Horsepower Engine, its Original Muncie 4 Speed Transmission and its Original 12 Bolt 3:73 Posi Read End Gear Ratio. The paint on the car is simply beautiful, its glass shines and is clear, the engine bay, the Camaro's trunk is accordingly detailed, and the chasis of the car is detailed and not over done. The vinyl houndstooth interior is quite impressive and sets the car apart from most. The dashboard is in great shape, its center fuel gauge, and its rarely seen 7000 rpm tach, I have seen only one other in such a early 69 camaro. The radio is factory deleted, the head liner is in great shape, along with its seat belts. The carpeting throughout is new, with its front and rear floor mats. The engine has been been refreshened to factory specs, the transmission, and rearend as well. The Car drives out effortlessly and Strong, the car brakes accordingly, shifts as it should, and can roast the tires in all four gears. The car is documented, and I have pictures of the restoration. I will consider trades plus cash, or a trade of equal value.

1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396/375HP L-78 For Sale