OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: F/S 1999 GMC Suburban SLT 5.7 Vortex Storm Grey Metallic

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2015, 3:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 1999 GMC Suburban SLT 5.7 Vortex Storm Grey Metallic

I didn't think I would do this but I need a pickup to pull my car trailer. So, the family boat, as my kids refer to it, is for sale. This is the last of the 42 gallon fuel tank. I can drive a long way before refilling. It does have 263K on the odometer... but... about three years ago, I replaced the entire drive line with factory rebuild parts. This was the engine, transmission and transfer case. This was done at my dealer and I'm more than happy to release the service records to potential buyers. Along with the heart of the truck being factory refreshed, all cooling lines, the entire AC (front and rear), radiator, master brake cylinder, front wheel bearings, shocks, Weathertech Mats throughout, factory hitch with round connector and brake controller on the dash, exhaust, fuel pump, gas tank, both front door latches plus handles and other parts I can't remember. Of course the belts, oil, plugs and other maintenance has been done it's entire life. I am the second owner. It would be easier to list what is wrong with it so here is the small list:

A few control panel lights are out
Left rear quater has a dent. (see photo below) Lots of grief from the family who were in the truck.
Back door panel needs a couple of fasteners.
Gas gauge needle oscillates but is very accurate.
Missing front left wheel cap
Change holder was stolen two years ago. Kids took the whole holder but nothing else.
I rear ended a lady a few years ago at slow speed. Hood, grill, front bumper were replaced at my dealership. No airbag deployment.
Central locking is sometimes tired but usually works well.
Heated seats are not working. (fixed worn panels on seat and didn't reconnect)
I replaced right side mirror with proper heated mirror after it fell out.
Replaced the factory horns that shorted out.
Replaced the stereo with my friends after the original one broke. Lower CD player is not hooked up since the upper one works.

Most of the above may be fixed before next week just because I am me. I just want full disclosure. Those are kayak racks on top. They work very well and can stay with the truck for the right purchase price. When I take it for it's yearly inspection, the inspection garage knows everything is right on the vehicle before I pull in.

I am asking more than KBB just because you will not have to do anything but oil changes and general maintenance for the next few years. I hope the new owner keeps it up like I have and they will have a great truck for many years to come. I wouldn't hesitate to drive it across the country tomorrow. It has never let me down. Biggest waste of AAA membership I ever did. Like I said, I am purchasing a 2013 Silverado with a 6.2L to pull my new car trailer I got this past winter. This has hauled my five member family around for a long time. The car has been in southern VA for just about all of it's life. Definitely since I have owned it. It has only seen the Outerbanks sand one time and cruised right through the beach. Just like the winter, the truck was washed off right after the trip. We are a long way from the rust belt.

Again, I never intended to sell the truck. Please only serious inquiries. I don't want to trade you for anything either.

Call me if you would like more photos or a live video tour through Skype. Very smooth running engine.
Asking $6000

Really not sure how to post photos so in bad form, please follow this link:
For sale 1999 GMC Suburban SLT 5.7 Vortex Storm Grey Metallic | Chevy Truck Forum | GM Truck Club

Call Jeff 757-593-3478
hamonbagel@yahoo.com
Newport News, VA
Attached Thumbnails F/S 1999 GMC Suburban SLT 5.7 Vortex Storm Grey Metallic-part_1431714869349_20150515_121920.jpg   F/S 1999 GMC Suburban SLT 5.7 Vortex Storm Grey Metallic-part_1431714885845_20150515_121859.jpg   F/S 1999 GMC Suburban SLT 5.7 Vortex Storm Grey Metallic-part_1431714836622_20150515_122003.jpg   F/S 1999 GMC Suburban SLT 5.7 Vortex Storm Grey Metallic-part_1431714853651_20150515_121950.jpg   F/S 1999 GMC Suburban SLT 5.7 Vortex Storm Grey Metallic-part_1431714797371_20150515_123111.jpg  

Old May 18th, 2015, 8:08 AM
CF Beginner

It really is in great shape and if I wasn't getting a silverado I wouldn't be selling it. All my cars are kept in great shape. I like to hold on to cars that I can work on and not have to program. The windshield is getting replaced on Thursday because of rock dings through the years. I didn't get time to visit the pick and pull to fix the handful of small stuff I listed. If it comes down to it, I can just park it at the back end of the driveway and wait for my 14 year old to drive next year.
Old May 19th, 2015, 1:55 PM
CF Beginner

Sold yesterday. Thanks everyone.