OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For sale: 88 Caprice Wagon

Search this Thread

Old April 16th, 2007, 11:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For sale: 88 Caprice Wagon

Hello,

I am attempting to sell an 88 Chevy Caprice Wagon. My mother owns it and has been the only owner.

It has the 307 engine. Not sure what tranny came on it, but it is a 4 speed. Has approx. 220,000 miles on it. The tranny was rebuilt approx. 30,000 back. A few years ago, the timing chain slipped over the gears. I replaced the timing set and it ran great for one day, but after that it would not stay running once warmed up. I now don't have time to fiddle with it and my mother asked me to get rid of it for her. The engine always ran a few degrees hot despite my best efforts (radiator, fan clutch, hoses, water pump, thermostat, all replaced). It lost oil a little. Tired, but not quite dead. Air conditioning still worked when parked. Tires are bad, but still hold a little air. Battery was pretty new, I disconnected it, but it may need to be replaced as well.

Interior: Plush maroon, which is faded in spots, no tears. The car was loaded when we bought it. Power seats, mirrors, locks and windows. Has fold down rear seat and stowable seat at the very back. Rear storage compartment. Dash is faded and cracked. A few buttons and switches don't work, been a while since I checked.

Exterior: Maroon with "wood" paneling on the sides. My mom worked at an Air Force base and they used to use some solvent to clean aircraft that completely ruined the paint on the car. The hood and roof are almost devoid of paint. Elsewhere there is 19 years of scratches, nicks, etc. Only one dent to speak of which is on the driver's lower quarter. Very small. The rear door can either swing open or fold down. Rear power window. Luggage rack on top.

That's all I can think of. Car is located in Oklahoma City and will have to be towed. not really interestd in parting it out, but I may if no one wants it whole. I can be reached at wondernaut1@hotmail.com if anyone has specific questions or wants to see some pics.

She is asking $500 OBO. For sale locally as well. Title is clear, tag will need to be renewed.

I might not check this often, so email me:

wondernaut1@hotmail.com
Billy