OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: Testing the waters

Search this Thread

Old July 31st, 2011, 12:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 66' small journal - Testing the waters - 66' small journal

First $2900 Takes it L79 327/350 hp !!!LOCAL PICKUP ONLY!!!
PRICE DROP TO $2500.00 3/31/2012!!

This is a running motor, sold as is with roughly 30k miles on its last rebuild. It was pulled from a 66' vette, only to make way for a new all aluminum big block. As you can see, tho the motor is a pull, most of the parts are restored refurbished, replaced or at least well preserved. It was gonna be my spare for my ElCo but wound up bein a restore project that never found a chassis. Block is a 3858174 It's .030 over, its 2 bolt, its a lot more motor than it appears.

The only issue I'm aware of, if youd be dropping this motor in right away, is, cleaning the plenum and the carb has sat and been dry a long time and may require rebuild. Otherwise the long block is tight and ready to be drained, filtered and filled with fresh oil.

11:1 forged popups (verified by my mechanic inspecting cylinders thru spark plug holes with finger n flashlight).
Forged Reciprocating assembly turns with ease when plugs are removed.
Isky roller rockers, studs (confirmed)
461 heads w/2.02/1.60 (so I was told)
Comp Cams hydraulic RV cam

NEW Pwr Steering Pump
NEW Hi Volt Alternator
NEW Belts
NEW K&N Airfilter
ULTRA RARE Camaro Crank pulley for running dual alternators
I have all of the Spark Plug chrome as well as the underblock wire looms and will include those as well. other than whats been mentioned, what you see is what you get.

comes with everything pictured except the unilite distributor and engine stand. I will substitute another Mallory distributor if I decide to sell.
None of the accessories or pullies have been run since being replaced
The manifold plenum deck was sealed at the time the motor was pulled with soundproofing mat to prevent loose parts from entering the heads or block and has not been removed since. This motor is a goldmine of oem collector parts, may be just what your lookn for. A lot went into the work to restore this engine so pls dont lo ball. It wont make me willing to sell, and I bought it all, so I know what it's worth. All comments welcome,.........

If a sale results, This would be a local pickup only. I WILL NOT SHIP
I need to upload a pic, will do shortly
Attached Thumbnails Testing the waters-l76.jpg   Testing the waters-l76a.jpg  

Last edited by EllieMaysDaddy; March 31st, 2012 at 6:22 PM. Reason: forgot stuff
Old July 31st, 2011, 12:31 PM
CF Beginner

Default pics

link has been deleted, pls see newly uploaded pics above in previous post

Block serial: FO9IOEB
My research indicates its an HP option block which could have been sold in either a Corvette or an Impala.

Engine is located in zip code 90249, Los Angeles, CA

More part numbers for you to verify:
Exhaust manifolds:
LH:3846559A
RH:3747042
Intake Manifold: Winters Alum. 3880840
Carb: Holley 3884505-DA / 3367 / 1910
Water Neck!!!! (ultra rare): 3827369

By now you should be realizing that this motor is verifiably 80% authentic without breaking the long block down and is a mild rebuild away from a number matched motor for a 66 roadster. Should you be of the mind that you dont care if the assembly is bone stock, then you're realizing this is way more than a 350 horse mouse. Check out the pics, even the air filter fixture is correct and in amazing condition. Keep checking the pictures as I am still adding new ones as I have time to break down various little areas to reveal hidden treasures. Will post the rocker assemblies next. As i said, all comments welcomed

Last edited by EllieMaysDaddy; April 2nd, 2012 at 12:53 PM. Reason: more info
Old March 31st, 2012, 9:13 AM
CF Beginner

Default Price drop

Bump for price drop to 2500.00