Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

1990 C/K 2500 vs K2500?

Search this Thread

Old March 31st, 2019, 5:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 C/K 2500 vs K2500?

This will probably be a dumb question to most. I looked up the vin on my 1990 chevy truck the other day and it said it was a C/K 2500. Previously I assumed that it was a K 2500 just because its a 4wd. I'm looking to buy parts online, and nobody has the option of a C/K. It's either C or K but not both, so what do I say it is to order correct parts?

On another note, has anyone used rockauto.com to buy stuff from? They seem to have prices way lower than autozone, but are they junk parts?
Old March 31st, 2019, 6:36 AM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Tridox
This will probably be a dumb question to most. I looked up the vin on my 1990 chevy truck the other day and it said it was a C/K 2500. Previously I assumed that it was a K 2500 just because its a 4wd. I'm looking to buy parts online, and nobody has the option of a C/K. It's either C or K but not both, so what do I say it is to order correct parts?

On another note, has anyone used rockauto.com to buy stuff from? They seem to have prices way lower than autozone, but are they junk parts?
No such thing as a dumb question. Your vehicle is a K-2500. We use Rock Auto all the time. You have a large selection of parts on the Rock Auto site.
Old March 31st, 2019, 7:13 AM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

I also use Rock Auto. They have name brand parts as well as cheaper parts. It is up to you to decide which ones you want.
Old March 31st, 2019, 12:59 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome, thank you for the clarification. And rockauto it is then! They have very enticing prices if you want cheaper parts.
Old March 31st, 2019, 1:17 PM
CF Veteran

Received 226 Likes on 198 Posts

Rockauto is great because you have a wide range of brands to choose from. My only gripe is when items ship from multiple sites they ding you pretty good on shipping. If they changed their shipping prices they would be an awesome parts source.
Old March 31st, 2019, 11:21 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

rockauto is great for cheap prices but besides that they suck. try returning anything to them and you'll find out theyre just a third party and you have to talk to the supplier. from there if the supplier sent you the wrong product or a bad product (i.e. catalytic converters with the O2 bungs in the wrong location) you will find out you are completely responsible for return shipping and to get the part shipped back to you. i cant imagine the hoops you have to jump through if you have a warranty part that goes bad. by time you pay shipping youre better off fixing the issue yourself
Old April 1st, 2019, 7:42 AM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

I agree, when they ship from multiple places the shipping does get to be too much!!