Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

1991 C 1500 Dash Electronic Issues

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2015, 12:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1991 C 1500 Dash Electronic Issues

New to the forums here, and I don't have much experience working on vehicles but my truck is having some issues and I was hoping to get some advice. But first the vehicle:
  • 1991 C1500 Extended Cab
  • 2WD 5.0L V8 FI

The most important issue to me right now is the turn signals. When flipping the right turn signal on I must hold the lever as it will not click into place.
The left is rather opposite. It will click into place but after bringing the steering wheel back to center after the turn it will not disengage.

The second issue is the wipers. Turning on the wipers results in varied reactions. They may engage normally, they may not engage at all, the may turn on at high speed regardless of setting, they may stay on at high speed after being turned off.

Third, the wiper fluid may also not work or only spray from one nozzle (never both). I have confirmed that when it works it produces ample pressure.

And finally, when turning on the dash lights/headlights the side indicators (oil pressure, fuel, etc.) lock to an inaccurate reading, the dash lights do not turn on, and the turn signal lights (interior not exterior) both remain solidly lit. This is often correctable through percussive maintenance (read smacking the dashboard).

I would appreciate any advise on any of these issues if you happen to suspect a cause. Thank you for your time and consideration.