Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

1993 C1500 350 engine info

Search this Thread

Old August 13th, 2013, 9:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 C1500 350 engine info

So long story short I'm in the process of building a rat rod and through a series of events i got a very good deal on an engine and trans from a 93 C1500 with a 350 motor. The engine and trans are both in good working order. I have access to the harness and PCM as well.

I don't know a whole lot about this motor but i do have access to alldata for general things.

Since this engine is going into a rat rod with no fenders the engine will be sitting there and I would like to keep the wires/sensors to a minimum and remove everything i don't need i.e. power steering pump, A/C compressor, EGR (if it has it) as i said i don't know a lot about what comes on the motor and after a little while searching the internet i wasn't able to find any good websites containing a lot of information about this specific motor.

so i thought what better way to start than in a chevy forum.
If anyone has any links to some helpful information that could pertain to my situation it would be greatly appreciated.
or if anyone has any personal experience with swapping this motor into something else and removing some non essentials that would be appreciated as well.
some quick things off the top of my head as mentioned above would be
1. Power steering pump (will be using a manual steering box)
2. A/C compressor/components (it's going in a rat rod fairly self explanatory)
3. belt routing/length once those items are removed so it will still make use of alternator/ water pump
4. Oxygen sensor delete (it'll basically have open headers maybe a small muffler haven't really figured out where i want to go with the exhaust. would like to get rid of oxygen sensors for a cleaner look.)
5. some non essential senors that could be removed and not much affect fuel delivery/trans operation

again any help is greatly appreciated i'm at the beginning stages of this and i'm just trying to raise my knowledge with this particular motor in this kind of setup.