Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

94 Chevy 1500 won't idle

Search this Thread

Old July 25th, 2016, 10:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 Chevy 1500 won't idle

I have a 94 1500 with a 4.3 standard it's been a in the garage for about 6 months I took it out and it ran fine I parked for about 4 hours later I went to start it it wouldn't stay running unless I would floor it and then die out does anyone know what it could I was told bad fuel it had about 1/4 gas in the tank ?

Last edited by bvill01; July 25th, 2016 at 10:21 PM.
Old July 28th, 2016, 8:24 PM
CF Beginner

Has anyone had this problem?
Old April 27th, 2017, 10:47 AM
CF Beginner

Default Same Question.

I have the same issue. This is not from bad fuel. I am able to run the vehicle with a jumper from the ground connection on the injector to the ground on the battery (tapping lightly on the ground to provide a pulse to the injector).
This just makes the issue more confusing because I can see that the PCM is providing the pulse needed to start the truck and then stopping so that the truck is not getting enough fuel to continue to run.
I have checked PCM wiring and find that while there is indication of some heat being generated (Brown discoloration from foam insulation) there is no indication of a failing wire. Again still getting a perfect pulse during start mode.
Chilton has a TBS (tech. service bulletin) #02-06-04-052 "Engine Stalls, No Start, Hard Start, It did not solve the issue for me. Any other help would be appreciated.