Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

GM problem wiring harness

Search this Thread

Old January 24th, 2015, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM problem wiring harness

Alright guys so my Aztek stop running while driving down the road. I had someone who works on vehicles check it out. They pulled the wiring harness and it was full of water and the fuel pump wires just fell out. I was just wondering what cars are compatible for a 2001 Pontiac aztek so I can get a wiring harness and connector for it. Thanks greatly appreciated.
Old January 24th, 2015, 4:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 512 Likes on 472 Posts

I did one. the owner was going to put a fuel pump in it. the pumps wiring harness was corroded where it passes through the floor. The area is recessed so it traps and holds water. I ended up hard wiring in new wires putting the connection points further down the line; not where the water will be trapped.

if your repair is at the same pass through into the passenger compartment; putting in the same harness at the same junction point is a repeat repair waiting to happen.

the water wicks through the carpets down to the floor which sits above the factory connectors. a good laser cut floor mat that traps water would help.

Last edited by tech2; January 24th, 2015 at 4:09 PM.
Old January 25th, 2015, 12:33 PM
CF Beginner

Its right where the ends connect. Under the passenger side. This is the second time in a month it's broken down and last time it was down for a week.
Old January 27th, 2015, 3:38 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by tech2
I did one. the owner was going to put a fuel pump in it. the pumps wiring harness was corroded where it passes through the floor. The area is recessed so it traps and holds water. I ended up hard wiring in new wires putting the connection points further down the line; not where the water will be trapped.

if your repair is at the same pass through into the passenger compartment; putting in the same harness at the same junction point is a repeat repair waiting to happen.

the water wicks through the carpets down to the floor which sits above the factory connectors. a good laser cut floor mat that traps water would help.

Do you by chance remember how you hardwired it??
Old January 28th, 2015, 6:36 AM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

The best way to make the connections is to solder the wires and use heat shrink tubing to seal the connection.