Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

Kalos abs fault help needed

Search this Thread

Old March 21st, 2011, 4:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kalos abs fault help needed

Good Morning

I have got a chevrolet kalos 1.4sx, there has become a fault on the car the ABS light is staying on all the time. I took the car to the main dealers(2 Weeks ago) to have a diagnostic test done which they charged £60.00 plus vat, they replaced the n/s/f abs sensor. In total it cost me with vat £275.74. Then on saturday just gone the ABS has stopped on again. I have rang the garage this morning and they said if it is the part what they replaced it will be done for free. If not I have to pay for the car to be checked again £60.00 plus vat and for any other parts. I thought they would have checked the vehicle for free, the garage could tell me anything. Plus there is no one else I know of who do tests on chevrolet cars around wigan area. Can anyone give me any advice?
Thankyou
Old March 25th, 2011, 2:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took my car into the main dealers on wednesday, They told me it showed up that the rear side passenger sensor was faulty. But they would have to order it, They quoted me in total £108.00 and it would cost me £30 including vat today. So £36.00 which I paid, I got in my car driving it away and noticed the abs light was no longer on. Which I could not understand if there was a fault on a other sensor, I rang the dealers they said that the system had been reset and has not picked up the fault yet. I took my car to my local garage who service my vehicle and they said if there is no light on there is no fault. He said give me your keys and took my car for a spin and broke hard, and came back and said if there was a fault the abs light would have come on which it did not. The dealers told me if it was there fault which they fixed on the first occasion it would not cost me anything. How long does it take for a fault to appear on the system?