Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

The reason why your engine losing power.

Search this Thread

Old October 6th, 2018, 12:09 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The reason why your engine losing power.

To find the answer to why your 2014 to present Chevrolet Silverado you must watch the video provided by Chevrolet​ called Chevrolet Silverado 2014-Present: Why is My Me Engine Losing Power?
During the step showing the alternator replacement the video clearly shows an alternator with an MOTORCRAFT​ name stamped on the alternator.
MOTORCRAFT is an affiliate name to one automotive brand and that brand name is, has and always will be to FORD! Here is my question. WHY? What numb nut puts an Ford/Motorcraft part on to a Chevrolet Silverado 2014-Present? Obviously someone from Chevorlet did. The stamped MOTORCRAFT name probably is on the backside​ of the alternator so the customer can't easily see the MOTORCRAFT stamp. Did Ford sell all of their excess faltered alternators to Chevrolet on the "Cheap" to save on production costs by Chevrolet? That doesn't surprise me one bit. The Chevrolet 2012 Silverado which I own has been extremely well care for and never missed an scheduled warranty service appointment since purchased was still neglected for all complete service inspection which is now a 6,400 lb. paperweight with busted pinion seals damaged steering box 4 warped rotors and cracked hubs. If this would've​ happened at 35,260 miles before buying this truck, in hindsight I would not hesitate to buy a different brand. With that fact. Is anyone interested to buy a truck for parts for the low cost of $25,000. Message me if so. You'll get a great deal.

Last edited by GMlemoncake; October 6th, 2018 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Removing one word