Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

Replacing Brake Lines - Lifting the Cab?

Search this Thread

Old October 28th, 2014, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Brake Lines - Lifting the Cab?

I hope all the Chevy enthusiasts on this forum don't mind that I have brought over an H2 problem. I hope I haven't violated any rules by posting an H2 topic in the "Other" forum. I have just experienced the classic brake line rupture on my 2005 H2 and found some useful help here in another thread for making the repairs to a Suburban. At this point, I am looking for a bit of further advice on lifting the cab to obtain the necessary clearance at the frame rail to get the new brake lines (Classic Tubes Stainless) installed. MDTAHOE wrote in another thread that he uses "...We have never removed the cab/ body. For the Suburban you have to remove all the body bolts on the drivers side then use 2 pole jacks from the floor to the body and jack up only the left side 4-6 inches..." Since MDTAHOE only provides feedback via threads, I was compelled to post this new thread to gain his advice. The specific question I have is this: Does a person need to loosen all 12 body mounting bolts to lift just the drivers side of an H2 cab? Or, can the desired 4 to 6 inches of clearance be gained by only removing the 6 bolts on the drivers side and leaving the passenger side untouched? It seems to me that there wouldn't be 4-6 inches of upward flex available on the drivers side if the passenger side bolts are not at least loosened. Thanks!