Other All other Chevrolet model related talk within.

tire size and setup for c10

Search this Thread

Old January 19th, 2019, 5:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire size and setup for c10

Hey guys I'm new to the forum. My name is Ben and I have a 1985 chevy c10 wrangler package it is a regular cab long box 2wd. I am currently doing an ls1 swap with the stock 305 cui. When I bought the truck it had after market rims on the stock tire size. I'm looking to keep it a sleeper and some what 'original' exterior look so stock ride height and was trying to find replica rims for it. The wrangler package had the 3 piece rally rims on it same as the vetts. On american racing rims website I found very similar 1 piece replicas. Found them as 17x7 for the fronts and 17x9 for the rears. As i'm looking to run wider on the rears for better traction/ look and I'm hoping to put 400+ rwhp to the ground. So heres for the question I am curious on how wide the back tires can be with out tubing the box? As well as recommendation on a good street comp./ drag radial tire to run for best launch? I've had a hard time finding tire sizes that are fairly close in diameter to the stock tire to not throw the speedo out by to much. I am open to different sizes, options, and setups but am hoping to run a slightly bigger rim to keep the side wall smaller.

Thank you, for any help in advance!