OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2012, 5:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air

This is a nice original survivor with the odometer showing 58K miles, which appears correct. I have a link below to Photobucket with 32 detailed pictures of the car.

New / recent items include rear springs, radiator, professionally rebuilt carburetor, exhaust system, emergency brake cable, front seat belts, as well as various belts and hoses. Tires have a lot of tread left. Vehicle is on the road, inspected and licensed. I pulled the carpets to check the floor pans and rockers. The pictures speak for themselves. There is one approx 6X9 inch old patch on the passenger side pan (shown in pictures). The rest was solid with some surface rust which I painted with Rustoleum. The trunk was detailed by the prior owner and appears to be holding up well. Under dash area is clean (see pictures)….. Paint appears mostly original - no traces of bondo or welds. One corner of each door is starting to bubble and will need attention in the next year or two. Should require minimal effort or expense (the color is somewhat forgiving). I do have the original "Chevrolet" valve covers.

Usual minor leaks at Powerglide and power steering. The original undercoating is scaly (from storage) and could be freshened by scraping, rustoleum or POR-15, and applying paint or undercoat. The interior looks nice and is serviceable, although some portions of the cloth inserts are becoming a bit threadbare.

I have around $8000 invested and I am asking $6750 or reasonable offer. I really would like to get it out of the garage before winter. Good opportunity to own a nice original low mileage daily driver.

Link or cut/paste to view photo album, or go to my Webster Chevrolet album on this site.

photobucket.com/WebsterChevrolet

Car is located in Webster, NY (Rochester).

Henry Brooks
hbrookssba@msn.com
Old October 27th, 2012, 6:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Asking price reduced to $5950 to avoid storage over the winter. Ad will be pulled around mid-November and I will market at local shows in the spring.