OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 1967 Chevrolet Malibu

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2013, 1:44 PM
Platinum Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1967 Chevrolet Malibu

1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu for sale. This car is READY TO GO!!! Translation...all the mechanical work is done and EVERYTHING WORKS!!! The car has had extensive work done to it by me.

Email me fore more pics but, here are the details of what has been done to date:

-All new front suspension components installed including front disc spindles, upper and lower ball joints, upper and lower control arm bushings, front shocks, inner and outer tie rod ends, sway bar bushings, and all grade 8 fastening hardware.

-All new rear suspension components installed including rear shocks, boxed control arms [boxed by me...not aftermarket], upper and lower control arm bushings, and grade 8 fastening hardware.

-The ENTIRE frame [where accessible with body on] was wire wheeled cleaned, rust encapsulated, pained with black rust resistant paint, and undercoated with undercoat. The under body [floor pans, floor pan brackets, trans cross member, engine cross member, etc] was also undercoated.

-The front drivers side floor pan was patched with approximately a 8"L x 4"W section of 18 gauge sheet metal. The Patch was but welded in place and seam sealed on both sides (cabin side and underside). The rest of the floor pans were in great shape. In that regard, the ENTIRE cabin floor pan area was wire wheeled cleaned, rust encapsulated, and pained with black rust resistant paint, and undercoated with undercoat.

-Engine bay was painted with black rust resistant paint.

-Front spindles were replaced with disc brake spindles and fitted with new backing plates brackets, new backing plates, new rotors, wheel bearings, calipers, and pads. The spindles, backing plate brackets, and backing plates were ordered from Classic Performance Parts (CPP) as a kit.

-EVERY SINGLE hard brake line and fitting [front to back and side to side] was replaced on the car [this includes the master cylinder hard lines]. The soft brake caliper hoses as well as the rear brake line to soft hose connection that feeds the rear brake circuit was also replaced.

-Brand new Master Cylinder and combination valve from CPP. The master cylinder is a corvette style [1" bore] dual chamber master cylinder. The combo valve is obviously biased for front disc/rear drum with a brake warning light wired with factory brake warning wire.
Brand new zinc 12" power brake booster. During the conversion the brake pedal was correctly set in the right brake pedal hole for proper power brake operation.
Rear drum brake system was rebuilt with all new wheel cylinders, brake shoes, brake shoe hardware, and resurfaced drums.

-The engine is a small block Chevrolet (SBC) 350 5.7L. The casting number on the block is #3970014 [with L14 72 stamped next to casting number]. The motor came two barrel so I replaced the intake with a GM aluminum intake from a 80 corvette I had and topped it with a 4 barrel electric Quadrajet. I replaced the oil pan gasket with a Felpro ONE PIECE GASKET.

- New Water pump, drive belt, thermostat [180 degrees], water neck.

-New upper and lower radiator hose.

-New Fuel pump.

-Brand new 120 amp internally regulated alternator [with chrome alternator bracket].

-Brand new 3 core aluminum radiator [with 16" electric fan]. I

-HEI Ignition system. New cap and rotor. The distributor was also re-curved with medium weight springs to start the mechanical advance a bit earlier then stock springs.

-New Pilot bushing installed [part of clutch kit] in crank.

-Brand new full length Flowtech headers.

-New header back Jegs 2.5" exhaust system with 2.5" Jegs racing mufflers and chrome turn down tail pipes.

-3 speed manual Saginaw transmission. Transmission was pulled during the engine swap, cleaned, painted, and fluid replaced with 80w90 GL4 gear oil.

-Transmission mount was replaced during the swap.

-New Clutch kit installed [pressure plate, throw out bearing, and friction disc].

-New Flywheel installed.

-Z bar cleaned, painted, and re-lubed before installation.
New Clutch pedal spring.

-Replaced heater core and heater core hoses. I also cleaned, painted, and rust protected heater core box in the process.

-Replaced Speedometer cable.

-Replaced window wiper switch.

-New Headlight dimmer floor switch.

-Installed Bucket seats.

-New black carpet installed in cabin.

-Black back seat cover installed.

1967 Chevrolet Malibu For Sale