OLD - PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

For Sale: 1979 Chevy Stepside Truck 4x4 - 1 Owner (Memphis, TN)

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2019, 3:25 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1979 Chevy Stepside Truck 4x4 - 1 Owner (Memphis, TN)

For sale is a one owner 1979 Chevy Stepside 4x4. My father purchased the truck new in 1979 and was his daily driver for over 30 years. The truck was purchased in Ohio when my father worked for GM. About 10 years back after my father retired, I decided to slowly restore the truck with the intent of it being my winter vehicle so I could park my sports car during bad weather. Since then I have spend over $3,000 in new parts from LMC Truck (short list is below), put new 33 inch TSL Super Swampers on (less than 1,000 miles and cost $1000 new) and kept it running with any needed parts. Main reason it was always kept was its reliability.

Runs and drives great. Its currently not tagged so I use it for work around my house (have 4 acres) so it gets started/ran every weekend. Only thing thatch wrong/needs replaced is the speedometer and the new hood/fenders/doors need paint. Truck starts and runs fantastic for being 40 years old. 4x4 locks in with ease and works perfect. Started pulling apart the bed but stopped as I couldn't decide if i wanted to do a flat bed or put the stepsides back on, since have lost interest in finishing. Bed is solid and functional. Truck was always intended to be a reliable off-road/bad weather truck, not a full restore or show truck. Has a 350, not real sure what the rear end is, my father built it out as i know the engine was pulled out a few times and bored out. Has a transmission cooler and hitch.

Since moving south, no need for the truck any longer. As much as I would love to keep it for sentimental value, its just taking up space in my garage. Hopefully someone can get some use out of it. Would make a great daily driver or farm/mud truck. Could easily part out for more than asking price. Title is clean - $3000 cash only. Located in Memphis, TN.

All of the following items have been recently replaced:

- door shells and interior door panels
- dash liner/dash
- steering wheel
- fenders/hood
- (2) gas tanks/hoses/lines
- grill/headlight assembly/headlights
- mirrors
- taillights/taillight wiring
- Holley carb/new distributor
- power-steering pump
- heater unit/blower fan
- full exhaust
- battery (less than 8 months old)

Let me know if you have any additional questions or would like more photos. 513-504-4766

Last edited by bufaton; May 8th, 2019 at 3:26 PM. Reason: Upload Photos
Old June 21st, 2019, 5:42 PM
ChevyForum Town Crier

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like an awesome rig! Brett wrote this listing up for the front page, so here's hoping it gets you some eyeballs and a sale!